It doesn't matter how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose, and even that doesn't make that much difference. ~ Coach Finstock ~

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heirloom Market BBQ...next stop

 Recently made our next stop on the BBQ tour of Atlanta, this time it was Heirloom Market BBQ. It is tucked away on Akers Mill near where Powers Ferry dead ends into it at I-285. The restaurant smelled incredible when you pulled into the parking lot, the inside is a perfect size, it had one big table with 8 chairs and about 10 bar seats against the windows. They also had additional seating outside when the temps warm up. They have a pretty extensive menu with unique choices. I had a two-meat plate with brisket and spicy italian sausage with mac 'n' cheese as my side. I asked them to chop the brisket and needless to say it was a huge portion, the meat was extremely tender and had good flavor, my favorite though was the sausage, it had great flavor and was a perfect combo with the mac 'n' cheese. They have an open kitchen so you can see them prepare all of the food, the food is served on a metal tray, sides in little tin bowls and they had numerous sauces on the table for you to taste. Both of the owners are trained chefs who have worked in some great Atlanta restaurants including the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead. After listening to everyone around while I was eating I definitely want to come back for some other food, I want to try their burgers and the alligator sausage.

Menu: http://heirloommarketbbq.com/Texas_Volt.html


4 out of 5 beer rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment